Many people think that posting business content on social media is easy and they do it anyway. But when it comes to content marketing for your business, it takes far more than just posting photos and captions a few times a week. If you don't have a strategy in place for your content marketing, it can be time consuming and even costly to your business.
It will take more than just a few posts on Facebook and Twitter each week to get the type of results you want from your content marketing campaign. In fact, it takes a lot more than that to gain followers and increase engagement rates.
When you have a plan in place for your content marketing, you can create an integrated social media strategy that will help your business gain followers, get better engagement rates, and drive more conversions from your social media platforms.
Having a plan in place for your content marketing can help your business achieve your social media marketing goals.
1. Know Your Audience
2. Choose the Right Platforms
3. Create Shareable Content
4. Monitor, Measure, and Amplify
6. Collaborate and Iterate
7. Get Creative
1) Know Your Audience: In order to make sure you are posting content that is going to resonate with your audience, it's important to really understand them. You need to know their interests, their needs, and what makes them tick. That way, you know what types of content they are looking for and will respond to. Before you start to create your content strategy, take some time to do a little research on who you are trying to reach.
2) Choose the Right Platforms: In order to be successful with your content marketing, you need to have a presence on all of the major social media platforms. That being said, you don't want to spread yourself too thin and post the same content on each platform. Each social network has a different audience and what works on Twitter, may not work as well on Facebook.
3) Create Shareable Content: If you want people to share your content, then it has to be useful and valuable. You also have to make it visually appealing too, which is why so many businesses are using infographics in their social media content strategy. For example, Buffer is using infographics to help their audience learn [...]
4) Monitor, Measure, and Amplify: When you go through the trouble of creating a great piece of content, you don't want it to just disappear into the abyss. You need to make sure you are monitoring its success. Monitor how it is doing by checking your analytics and measuring the number of shares it gets. Then, amplify your content's reach by putting a call to action in the description of your content and share it on as many other social media platforms as possible.
5) Analyze: After you have seen how your content is performing, the next step in your social media content strategy would be to analyze it. Look at what it is doing well, and break down why that is. Then look for opportunities to improve it. What you can learn from your success will help guide your future content creation.
6) Collaborate and Iterate: You likely won't have all the right ideas for your social media content on your own. Collaborating with other members of your team is an excellent way to ensure you are hitting on all cylinders. It can also help you get better results.
7) Get Creative: With your social media content strategy in place, you may want to get creative with it. Try some new tactics, like creating a video or uploading photos to Instagram. Experiment with new types of content, and don't be afraid to try something different. With this effective social media content strategy, your business can be successful.